As 2020 settles in to be an extraordinary year with unprecedented times, there is a desire to seek out beauty and to find the positive in our lives. And nothing helps more to delight us than design and creating a space we can enjoy. This year we are exploring bold new creations and unique possibilities regarding our homes. It is the year to be free, experimental, and create new things and reinvent not only yourself but your home. So many trends, some new and others coming back into style, for home renovations are being seen on a regular basis. Here are 8 impressive and unique remodeling ideas, the best part about most of these, they are relatively inexpensive to accomplish even when you are sheltering in place!
8 renovating and decorating ideas in creating a space we can enjoy
- Empty space under your stairs? Turn it into a home for your dog, a playhouse for your child, a book nook or even a storage closet.
- Decorate your boring blank walls. If you are tired of plain old walls or floors, just add stenciled art, stamps, lace or even paper art to add character to your plain surface.
- Put in a hammock where there’s space. Here is one of the craziest ideas that produces amazing results. If you have an extremely high ceiling in your home or empty space above your staircase, simply add a sturdy hammock across the area. Instantly create a space to relax or even sleep.
- Wide-open spaces. Turn an empty room into a home mini cinema or entertainment center that you and your guests will absolutely adore. You can even turn that room into a pillow room, where you can relax and read or even sleep depending on the types and size of pillows you have in the room.
- Create an indoor pit: While renovating, create a “pit-like” area in your living room; this area can be a hollowed-out area in the ground, much like an indoor pool. This will be turned into a conversation pit when sofas or pillows are added to it. This may not be everyone’s taste, but if you have space, it can turn a room into a major conversation piece.
- Create a unique space: Create a hidden room behind a movable staircase or bookcase for escaping into your own private study when you need time alone. Search online for unique ideas that you are certain to fall in love with and give us a call.
- Make your walls magnetic: This will make it easier to hang items and it removes the need for unsightly screws and hooks. Do not go for the cheapest option if you use metallic wall boards; choose the sturdiest and most durable option instead.
- Utilize your kitchen island for storage: Another unique renovation idea is to place a mini-fridge or wine rack in your kitchen island. Also, consider putting the trash and recycling in the kitchen island. Add trap doors at the top of the island for access.
These are just a few amazing renovation ideas to try next time you are remodeling your home. Do not let your remodeling ideas be limited by tradition; think bold and unique. Contact us at 480-895-3442 if you are interested in remodeling your home and adding to the unique appeal you enjoy from your living spaces.
Peruse our portfolio for more ideas for creating spaces that will make you enjoy your home again!