We’re all guilty of making New Year’s resolutions that we never really keep. We have the best of intentions, but life gets in the way and we push our resolutions to the side to make way for other, more interesting things. This year, why not focus instead, on resolutions with a home improvement twist?
Ten New Year’s Resolutions with a Home Improvement Twist
- Install a programmable thermostat – and use it. A programmable thermostat saves your family about $180 per year when programmed properly. It only takes a few minutes.
- Remodel the kitchen bringing in those amazing cabinet features you saw online. Make this the year you decide to bite the bullet and remodel the kitchen to suit your cooking and entertaining style.
- Get rid of those textured ceilings. Nothing says outdated like popcorn or acoustic ceilings. Today’s homeowners want a clean, smooth ceiling that helps reflect light and provides an amazing space for decorative or recessed lighting.
- Open the floor plan between the kitchen, dining room, and family room. The floor plan can make a home feel claustrophobic if the primary rooms are blocked and surrounded by four walls with a few doorways leading to and from. As has been the trend for several years, an open concept floor plan creates many designs and decor options, as well as a great space for entertaining family and friends.
- Add the half-bath you’ve always wanted for your guests. A half-bath is a wonderful addition to any home. It adds both functionality and value to your home.
And Here Are 5 More!
- Change the look of a plain room or your entire home with molding and trims. Don’t just think about the ceiling and floors.
- Design and build that amazing specialty room you’ve talked about for years. It doesn’t have to be a single-use room. It can serve multiple secondary purposes including a laundry room, craft room, mini office and yoga studio. Do some research online and allow us to show you how we can create a specialty room for your home.
- Remodel your bathroom to make it more efficient and functional both now and later years. Many homeowners wait until they need more of the features that allow them to enjoy their bathroom even if they have mobility issues before they make the change. By adding universal design features to the bathroom you can enjoy a beautiful bathroom that will serve you well even if you injure yourself causing accessibility issues now or in the future.
- Add on to your home. How would a new master suite change your life?
- Make this the year you focus on Home Wellness improvements…nontoxic materials, water, and air purification systems and circadian lighting to improve sleep.
Take a look at some of our award-winning projects; we are sure you’ll be inspired! Why not begin today in making your resolutions with a home improvement twist!
Let Us Do The Homework For You
Call for your free 60-minute consultation at (602) 478-5102 today!