8 Impressive and Unique Remodeling Ideas
As you may see by now, 2016 seems to be the year of bold new creations and unique possibilities regarding our homes. It’s the year to be free, experimental, and create new things and reinvent not only yourself, but your home. So many trends, some new and others coming back into style, for home renovations are being seen on a regular basis. Here are 8 impressive and unique remodeling ideas, the best part about most of these, they are relatively inexpensive to accomplish.
Some trendy renovating and decorating ideas to consider, will have others saying, “Wow!”
- Empty space under your stairs? Turn it into a home for your dog, a play house for your child, a book nook or even a storage closet.
- Decorate your boring concrete walls. If you’re tired of plain old concrete walls or floors, just add stenciled art, stamps, lace or even paper art to add character to your plain surface.
- Put in a hammock where there’s space. Here’s one of the craziest ideas that actually produces amazing results. If you have an extremely high ceiling in your home or empty space above your staircase, simply add a sturdy hammock across the area. Instantly create a space to relax or even sleep.
- Wide open spaces. Turn an empty room into a home mini cinema or entertainment center that you and your guests will absolutely adore. You can even turn that room into a pillow room, where you can relax and read or even sleep depending on the types and size of pillows you have in the room.
- Create an indoor pit: While renovating, create a “pit-like” area in your living room; this area can be a hollowed out area in the ground, much like an indoor pool. This will be turned into a conversation pit when sofas or pillows are added to it. This may not be everyone’s taste, but if you have the space, it can definitely turn a room into a major conversation piece.
- Create a unique space: Create a hidden room behind a movable staircase or bookcase for escaping into your own private study when you need time alone. Search online for unique ideas that you’re certain to fall in love with and give us a call.
- Make your walls magnetic: This will make it easier to hang items and also it remove the need for unsightly screws and hooks. Don’t go for the cheapest option if you use metallic wall boards; choose the sturdiest and most durable option instead.
- Utilize your kitchen island for storage: Another unique renovation idea is to place a mini fridge or wine rack in your kitchen island. Also consider putting the trash and recycling in the kitchen island. Add trap doors in the top of the island for access.
These are just a few amazing renovation ideas to try next time you are remodeling your home. Don’t let your remodeling ideas be limited by tradition; think bold and unique. Contact us at 480-895-3442 if you’re interested in remodeling your home and adding to the unique appeal you enjoy from your living spaces.