One of the advantages of home remodeling is the return on investment (ROI). Some projects pay off more than others, and one of the most attractive in terms of ROI is bathroom remodeling. Typically, these average between 60 – 65%, but it can be even higher with luxury upgrades. Here are some of the best ideas that will appeal to buyers and boost the property’s profile.
- Aging in place upgrades. More families are staying under one roof, so it is likely that some buyers consider the needs of aging parents. Additionally, these features can be useful for individuals with disabilities. Bathrooms with these upgrades will make the home safer, and buyers will be willing to spend a bit more if there is no need to carry out their own upgrades.
- Sink/vanity combo. An attractive vanity can instantly transform the look of a bathroom. Choose a style and finish that blends with any other improvements. If the sink is in good condition, its age could detract from the décor. Think of a new sink as making a contribution to the new look. The vanity does the same thing, plus it helps to keep the bathroom free of clutter.
- New lighting features. Too many bathrooms suffer from poor lighting, and this is even worse when the bathroom is not located beside an exterior wall. The bathroom should only be bright, it should have layered lighting options. If the mirror does not have its own lights, adding sconces to either side will be a simple but elegant touch. The shower or bathtub should also have its own light source.
- New tiles. The range of colors and patterns can give any bathroom a visual boost. The right tones such as terra cotta, can add warmth, and other can make the space luxurious. Choose a non-slip texture to enhance safety. If you are willing to spend a bit more, there are also custom tile options available.
- A statement bathtub. Some homeowners are getting rid of bathtubs in favor of spa-like showers, but this is still something that home buyers expect to see. If you want a return on your investment consider adding a statement tub. An elegant freestanding tub gives the bathroom a classic touch. It also reinforces the idea of this space being ideal for relaxation after a long day.
When you decide to remodel the bathroom, one of your first thoughts will be about the cost. However, given that these projects tend to pay off well, choose quality materials and products to get the best results.