Many people use tiles when they are installing the backsplash in their newly remodeled kitchen and while that is a great material to use, the end result does not always add as much visual appeal as some people desire.
Here are 6 types of backsplash that will add pizzazz to your remodeled kitchen:
- Bricks: Bricks can be used as backsplash and they add a rustic feel while also adding warmth to your space. While this material will not go with every style, it does work well with country, rustic, and industrial looking kitchens.
- Tin Tiles: Tin tiles are quite versatile and they are easy to install as well. They are available in numerous colors and designs, plus they are affordable too. Plus, many of the ornate designs will become conversation starters when you have company over.
- Chalkboard: Anyone who gets bored easily will want to try using chalkboard for the backsplash in their kitchen. With this material, you will be able to gather your family and friends and continuously create different designs in this space. You can also write the day’s menu on the wall, so that you are not continuously answering the infamous what’s for dinner question.
- Wood: Wood can be another inexpensive option for backsplash, especially if you just happen to find some reclaimed wood lying around. The wood will give your kitchen a warm and cozy feel without being overwhelming. The best part is that you can place the wood vertically, horizontally, diagonally, or any other way that you can think of to create a unique and special design.
- Buttons: If you are planning on a vintage style for your kitchen, you may want to consider adding buttons to your list of possible backsplash ideas. All that you need to do is glue buttons of all shapes and sizes onto your wall.
- Photographs: Adding photographs to your backsplash is a great way to guarantee that no one else will have the same exact walls as you do. You can choose from family photos, famous people, or people that you have always admired. These photos can be regular size or you can enlarge them to cover more space and make them easier to see.
These are only a few of the options that are available for you to use for backsplashes in your new kitchen. The possibilities are practically endless and with a little imagination and ingenuity, you will be able to design a one of a kind backsplash that fits your style and needs.
Our goal is to help all homeowners in the greater Phoenix area design and build their ideal kitchen. We’ll help you make the tough decisions regarding materials, colors, lighting, and flooring. Call us at 480-895-3442 to schedule an appointment with us to start making plans. Let us help you take those first steps toward your dream kitchen!