You may be surprised when you hear that the cost of your upcoming kitchen remodeling project could be at least $20,000 and most likely even more than that. If that number has caused you to flinch a little bit, we want to reassure you that there are a few ways that you can save money while still getting the kitchen of your dreams.
Here are 5 incredible cost-saving ideas for your kitchen remodeling project:
- Be fully prepared. Okay that may be impossible, but aim to be as prepared as possible. The more prepared you are before the project begins means less money out of your pocket. You will want to have the design ready and have all your materials picked out and purchased before the remodeling project starts. This will save you money as well as the headaches that may occur when an item you have had your heart set on getting is not in stock and will take weeks before it can be delivered.
- Paint your cabinets. If your old cabinets are in fantastic condition and just look outdated, you can choose to cover them in a bright white paint. The paint will make them look fresh and new. We recommend that you do replace the hardware on your cabinets though, because it will enhance the visual appeal. You could even get really creative with your kitchen cabinets and fully customize them. Change the doors, stress the finish, remove a door or two and replace them with glass doors or stained glass for effect. Your options are endless.
- Be creative with your backsplash. The backsplash may be an important feature in every kitchen, but you can save money if you choose a low-key tile for the main backsplash and then go all out with a creative design near your sink and stove.
- Do not move your plumbing. One of the most expensive parts of a kitchen remodel is moving the plumbing. If you want to save some serious cash, design your new kitchen space around your existing plumbing.
- Use remnants. If you have small countertop areas in your kitchen, you may be able to go to a granite supply company and choose remnants for those areas. When you use remnants, you can save hundreds of dollars on your countertops alone. Consider a mix and match style kitchen with different countertops for the bar, the island, and the workspaces.
These ideas should help get you started on saving money during your kitchen remodel. There are many more ideas available and we can work with you to find ways to stay within your budget, without sacrificing the kitchen of your dreams. Call Tri-Lite Builders today at 480-895-3442 to discuss kitchen remodeling in the Phoenix area. We will help you choose the best materials and furnishings for your newly remodeled kitchen.