There is nothing worse than completing a bathroom remodel and then having everything that you chose, go out of style the following year! It can be enough to make you scream, especially since it is not cheap to replace anything in a bathroom or most of the other rooms in your house. Thankfully, there are a few flooring trends popular today that will last for many years in the future.
Here are the 5 bathroom flooring trends you don’t want to miss in 2018 or 2019:
- Tile That Looks Like Wood: Every homeowner we know would love to put wood on the floor in their bathroom, but since it can warp and get destroyed from all the moisture, they don’t. However, there is a solution to this issue that everyone will love! Tiles that look exactly like wood are now available and you can purchase your favorite from numerous styles and colors.
- Black and White Stenciled Tiles: Vintage floors never seem to go out of style, which is why you are going to love the new black and white stenciled tiles. These tiles will create visual appeal in your bathroom and you can choose the style and design that you like the most out of the numerous options that are available.
- Neutral Colors: Neutral flooring will never go out of style in bathrooms, which is why many people want to install it in theirs. The best neutral colors for you to choose from are the lighter ones, as it will make your bathroom appear larger than it is.
- Geometric or Linear Shapes: Shapes and patterns on bathroom floors are the newest trend and if you do it the right way, you will have a floor that you will love for years. Linear patterns seem to be the favorite, but chevron and herringbone patterns are often used too. Choosing these shapes and patterns in a light neutral or gray color will keep this style alive in your bathroom for quite some time.
- Radiant Heated Floors: Those middle of the night or early morning trips to the bathroom will be much better once you have installed radiant heated floors. Instead of walking across cold floors in your bare feet, or searching for your slippers first, you can walk across warm floors all day and all night. These floors can be installed underneath any flooring material, which makes it the perfect addition in any bathroom.
We know that you may be scared to attempt to include any of these flooring options into your renovated bathroom, because trends change with the flip of a switch. However, these flooring options will not be going anywhere for a long time, so you are safe if you decide that you love one of them enough to install.