According to Zillow, approximately 75% of all homeowners will choose granite countertops for their home. Many of them make that choice simply because they believe that granite is an option that everyone will want, while others like all the positive benefits that the material offers. We decided to put together a list of reasons that most homeowners choose granite countertops for when looking to buy a new home.
Here are 6 reasons why granite countertops top the list for 75% of homeowners:
- Price: Countertops can be expensive, but there are many quality pieces of granite available at reasonable prices. In fact, you may be able to get a quality piece of granite for less than a high-end piece of laminate countertop.
- Scratch Resistant: Granite is a very hard material, so it is very difficult to scratch and nick it. This is a fantastic quality, especially if you have a family who isn’t as careful when setting things down as they should be.
- Heat Resistant: Granite is one of the most heat-resistant materials available for countertops. You will no longer have to worry about whether someone is using a trivet when placing a hot pan on your countertop, because it will not blister or melt.
- Easy to Maintain: Granite is one of the easiest to maintain countertops available and there is very little that needs to be done to it. You can simply wipe it down with a cloth when it becomes dirty. The only extra maintenance that needs to be completed is when your countertop needs to be resealed. Thankfully, the sealants have improved over the years and most of them will last for ten years before needing to be reapplied.
- Stain Resistant: Everyone spills stuff on their counters, but when you have granite countertops, you will not need to panic over any of them. As long as your countertop has been sealed properly, it will stay stain resistant for a long time.
- Natural Material: Granite one of the few natural materials that you can purchase for countertops. It is simply taken out of the ground and then cut into slabs to use as kitchen counters. When you use this material, you are reducing the amount of chemicals and additives being used in your home.
Granite Countertops for Your New Kitchen in Phoenix
Granite has been a popular countertop choice for quite some time, and it doesn’t look like that is going to change anytime soon. There may not be as many color options available for granite countertops, but the other benefits seem to outweigh that negative issue. Call us at 480-895-3442 if you’re planning to remodel your kitchen in the near future and would like to schedule a design consultation.