So you’re feeling a little blah with your kitchen and you feel like it’s time for a change. We understand. In fact, the kitchen is generally remodeled about every 5-7 years. That may seem a little surprising, but it’s true. Let’s look at a few different things you can do to turn your blah kitchen into an amazing family hub of excitement and food.
- Newly Designed Kitchen Island: Everyone loves a well-designed kitchen island. Many of the kitchen islands we’re replacing have limited functionality. They’re simple boxes with cabinets and a countertop. We’re replacing them with kitchen islands that improve the functionality and layout of the kitchen.
- Monochromatic Color Scheme: In terms of color, many homeowners are choosing to go with the idea of less-is-more. They’re choosing to use a solid color like white for the entire kitchen, and it’s pretty amazing. Texture always adds to the color and decorative pops of color make all the difference in the world.
- Simple Cabinets: Simple and sleek tends to be the cabinet design of choice these days. Simple cabinets with decorative pulls and knobs will help transform your kitchen. Sometimes it’s the small details that win.
- New Countertops: Again, many homeowners are installing new countertops in the same base color they’ve chosen. White, for example, looks amazing in granite and marble and adds a bit of subtle color without taking away from the monochromatic color scheme. New countertops can match the new kitchen island or complement it.
- Additional Lighting: Ambient lighting, task lighting, and pendulum lighting are extremely popular for today’s kitchen. Windows, skylights, and sun tunnels help a lot with natural lighting during the day. A sun tunnel allows you to enjoy skylight-style lighting even in a room that doesn’t have direct roof access.
- New Fixtures: A new faucet, light switch plates, and electrical outlet plates really do a lot to dress up a kitchen. Choose decorative fixtures that add to the overall decor instead of plain, solid colors.
- Make it Smarter: Choose appliances that will make life easier and turn your kitchen into a smart kitchen. Smart home technology is in full swing and many homeowners enjoy the ability to turn the lights on as they pull into the driveway, check the coffee pot to make sure it’s off, and change the thermostat remotely.
Kitchen Remodeling in Phoenix
We’re happy to help Phoenix-area homeowners with their kitchen remodeling tasks. Give us a call at 480-895-3442 to schedule an appointment with our kitchen designer. We’ll help you make the tough decisions and make sure that your project stays on track to turn your blah kitchen into an amazing hub of fun!